Environmental Compliance Manager: Milk Specialties Global, a leading manufacturer of nutrition and health products for over 60 years, has an excellent opportunity at its Fond du Lac, WI manufacturing facility.
The Environmental Compliance Manager is responsible for assuring ongoing plant compliance with all State and Federal environmental regulations, permits and corporate policies. This includes items such as: air permits, wastewater permits, WPDES, storm water, air emission reports, tier II reports, Form R, SPCC plans, SWPPP plans, hazardous waste management, CAA, and RMP.
- Build, maintain and enhance a comprehensive Environmental Management System for all the MSG sites.
- Ensure all required environmental reporting and renewals are completed in a timely manner, including developing a network of consultants
- Manage the environmental-related audit processes
- Manage chemical handling and associated state and federal reporting requirements for sites
- Coordinate required annual environmental training and incident response preparedness with site EHS Managers.
- Assist project engineers with the planning, installation, and operation of environmental capital projects
- Work closely with Plant Managers and Operations Directors to obtain buy-in and agreement for environmental compliance assistance plans for MSG sites.
- Routinely visit manufacturing sites to monitor compliance initiatives and work directly with the operations teams to develop environmental control procedures for specific operations.
- Actively participate with the plant management teams to develop corrective actions for identified risks and regulatory findings.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting managing environmental, health and safety programs.
- Working knowledge of WI, IL, MN, UT, NE, CA state and federal environmental regulations.
- Strong Knowledge of computer software applications
- Strong Verbal communication skills when speaking with Vendors, Insurance Carriers, Auditors and Government agencies.
- Experience in delivering training to salaried and hourly employees
Desired Education and Skills:
- Juris Doctorate Law Degree
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- Professional Engineer
- RCI System Experience
- Exposure to laboratory and food manufacturing environments.
- Subject to noise, odor, dust and discharge from production process
- Must be able to climb stairs and fixed ladders up to 20 feet
- Requires the ability to wear PPE including hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection and safety shoes
- Ability to travel by plane and/or car 90% of the time.
For over five decades, Milk Specialties Global (MSG) has been a pioneer in the development of high-quality science-based nutritional ingredients.MSG is committed to identifying and recruiting only the highest caliber of talented individuals to join its team of passionate and dedicated employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a healthy 401(k) company match program. Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=13036432
If you’d like to place your ad here, contact FET at 262-437-1700, or email@example.com