Upcoming Events is a detailed listing of chapter meetings, seminars, courses and conferences that are currently scheduled.
Thursday, August 27th – 2nd Annual SEWI Chapter After Business Social from 5pm – 7:00 pm: The members of the SEWI Chapter are invited to join their fellow members to network, build new relationships and enjoy the evening. Cash bar, pizza provided. Special thanks to Waste Management for co-hosting the event. Jackson’s Blue Ribbon Pub, 11302 W Bluemound Road, Wauwatosa. RSVP by Tuesday, August 25th to Mary Ellen Mortensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-708-4291.
Thursday, September 17th Half Day Brownfield Seminar 9-17-15 Brownfields: This course will be held at Kimberly Hall, 800 Eisenhower Dr, Kimberly WI
Tuesday, September 22nd – SCWI Chapter Meeting/Social at 3:00 pm: Michael Bruhn, Assistant Deputy Secretary of the Wisconsin DNR, will discuss the recently announced reorganization of WDNR and what it could mean for regulated entities. This will be followed by a chapter business meeting and social networking. The meeting will be held at Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C., 33 E Main St, Suite 300, Madison. Parking available at the building’s garage (entrance at 10 E Doty St) and will be validated by firm. For more information, contact Phil Bower, email@example.com.
Tuesday, October 27th – Professional Development Courses: Country Springs Hotel, 2810 Golf Road, Pewaukee WI.
Courses include full day and half day programs:
- Environmental, Health & Safety Primer EHS Primer PDC 2015 – recommended for individuals new to the environmental field, especially those with regulatory responsibilities
- DOT HazMat Training DOT HazMat PDC 2015– this course and job specific training will meet the DOT Hazardous Materials training certifications requirements.
- Air Quality Full or Half Day Air Quality PDC 2015– choose from a full day or half day program depending on your needs. The program will provide background on the regulations and the latest evolving implementation issues affecting emission sources in WI
- Journey to Sustainability Half Day Sustainabiltiy PDC 2015– This course is designed to provide inspiration, ideas, tools and resources for companies looking to start or improve their sustainability program.
- OSHA’s New GHS Rule Half Day GHS PDC 2015 – This course is designed to provide information on how the new rules may affect you and your business.
- Stormwater Half Day Stormwater PDC 2015 – The purpose of this workshop is to update course participants on the WDNR Storm Water Program, learn about the requirements to develop a SWPPP and delve into the various storm water best management practices and compliance strategies to meet in-stream water quality criteria.
Wednesday & Thursday, October 28th & 29th – Environment 2015 Conference & Exhibition: Country Springs Hotel, 2810 Golf Road, Pewaukee WI.