Environmental Engineer: Provides oversight and leadership for the environmental compliance program at Johnson Controls’ manufacturing plants, Milwaukee buildings and Building Efficiency’s Systems & Services branch office organization.
- Provides leadership and direction in the implementation of applicable plant, branch office operations and corporate environmental goals, policies and standards.
- Conducts environmental due diligence for mergers, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Analyze and assess environmental permitting and compliance issues for purposes of developing ongoing and future environmental strategies.
- Evaluates and analyzes environmental incidents at plant locations, and works to establish root causes and implements resulting preventative measures.
- Program Administrator for the Company’s Environmental Information Software System (EHSIS), the primary compliance and metrics software tool used by all plants.
- Oversees the development, implementation and assessment of the organization’s ISO 14001 environmental management systems.
- Gathers and analyzes environmental data to assist in assessing trends, issues and areas for improvement. Reports business unit performance against company goals.
- Conducts site environmental compliance audits to evaluate environmental program effectiveness and compliance. Works with plant environmental professionals globally to develop and implement actions to improve site environmental performance. Tracks and measures corrective action and improvement.
- Manages the relationship with, and works with outside environmental auditors where necessary, to evaluate the environmental performance of the plants.
- Oversees outsourcing of specialized environmental services.
- Assists in the assessment and development of environmental-related capital projects and their environmental impact.
- Manages ongoing relationships with governmental agencies to better understand current, and predict future permitting, legislative, and technology issues that affect plant and field office operations.
- Maintains current knowledge of environmental best practices and technological developments and equipment to remain up-to-date on related systems, devices and techniques designed to eliminate or minimize associated risks. Keeps current on regulatory requirements pertaining to environmental and shipping of HAZMAT materials..
- Develops and implements environmental training for plant and field technicians.
- Prepares environmental reports as required by local, state and federal regulatory authorities.
- Advises on critical pollution control systems such as wastewater treatment, baghouses, hazardous waste management, SPCC, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans and plant emergency plans.
- Develop environmental procedures, standards, guidelines and work instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or related technical field such as, Chemical Engineering or Environmental Science is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in environmental compliance, ISO 14001 and compliance auditing.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of environmental laws/regulations regarding air, water, and waste with special emphasis on the air emission requirements of the Clean Air Act.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, management, regulators, industry groups and community groups.
- Good knowledge and experience with excel and PowerPoint.
- 25% travel
Contact Ryan Pedersen, Johnson Controls, at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for additional information.
EHS Specialist: At Hydrite Chemical Co., we’re looking for a top-notch EHS Specialist with chemical industry experience to lead the company’s safety, quality, health and environmental programs at the Oshkosh, WI facility.
- Lead pro-active safety measures. Identify conditions and practices that could lead to injury, property damage, chemical release, business interruption or non-compliance through observation or audits.
- Investigate injuries, property damage and chemical releases to determine root cause, contributing factors and corrective actions.
- Coordinate facility Management of Change reviews for all new and modified products and processes, including HAZOP and HACCP studies, as needed.
- Lead facility SQRA meetings.
- Participate in facility audits requested or required by external sources, such as insurance carriers, governmental agencies, customers or suppliers.
- Communicate facility safety, quality, health and environmental issues to local and corporate management.
- Lead employee training and ensure the company policies related to training are followed.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or a natural science is preferred.
- A master’s is Occ Health is a plus.
- Working knowledge of PSM, RMP, RCRA, CAA, CWA, DOT is required.
- At least two years in a safety role is required.
- Must be self-motivated and initiate continuous improvement.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Ability to sit and type for up to 4 hours.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
Contact Andrea Berg at email@example.com to apply or for additional information.
If you’d like to place your ad here, contact FET at 262-437-1700, or firstname.lastname@example.org