- Completes and maintains required government reports with respect to air, water quality, and solid waste management. Responsible for preparing applications, and receiving and maintaining all necessary environmental permits.
- Provides technical assistance to operations thorough data analysis, process monitoring, and up-to-date knowledge of environmental systems and procedures.
- Champions and leads the daily execution of the Environmental Management System. Leads efforts to achieve compliance and fosters a continuous improvement attitude within EHS and the Mill Organization.
- Maintains Locks Mill SPCC (Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures).
- Maintains professional affiliations with outside organizations (WDNR, EPA, WPC) to stay abreast of environmental regulatory requirements, potential changes to federal and states rules that could impact the facility, and means for achieving regulatory compliance.
- Maintains appropriate compliance documentation.
- Demonstrates compliance with all State and Federal environmental permitting. Conducts engineering project reviews for all environmental related projects.
- Compiles and submits environmental data as requested by marketing department and executive team.
- Trains and coaches managers to develop skills to improve engagement in environmental efforts and programs. Supervise annual air emission compliance tests.
- Maintain Environmental Incident Report database.
- Manages all waste, recycling and universal waste programs for the facility.
- Maintains the monthly regulatory documentation and submits the State/Federal environmental reports as required in permits and environmental rules.
- Serve as a champion for implementation of sustainable business practices within the firm Review environmental impact of proposed chemicals & materials.
- Prepare and maintain facility Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans
- Excellent attendance and punctuality in daily activities and long-term projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain ISO 14001 Certification and progress development of Appleton Coated’s Environmental Management System. Represents Company and Industry in a variety of settings and forums in the community in general.
- Works with environmental education groups as appropriate.
- Knowledge: Strong understanding of EPA and WDNR management rules and regulations that affect the facility, include CAA, CWA, EPCRA/SARA Title 3, RCRA, CERCLA (relese reporting), DOT (Haz. Material Transportation), and other Federal laws and regulatory requirements. Versed in ISO 14001 standards and Environmental Management Systems.
- Accurate: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken word. Problem Solving: Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related issues.
- Technical Aptitude: Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Leadership: Ability to demonstrate leadership skills at best practice levels with high consistency and to coach/support others in their leadership development.
- Working Under Pressure: Ability to complete multiple assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelors degree in environmental engineering, science, or related discipline is required; masters in engineering, science or related discipline or an MBA is a plus.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years of environmental experience working in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong ability to read and interpret technical and regulatory material. Intellectually curious and passionate about environmental affairs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with state or federal regulatory agencies.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- CHMM preferred or equivalent. PE in Wisconsin also preferred.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities; ability to manage multiple projects at the same time successfully, ability to get along with diverse personalities in a tactful, respectful, and mature manner; good reasoning abilities; sound judgment; resourceful and well organized; participative management style-advocate of team concept; ability to establish credibility and be decisive; results and people oriented; forthright and honest with high ethical standards; process minded with an affinity for continuous improvement; strong analytical and problem-solving ability and operational focus; ability to assess the abilities of others and act as coach in the development of leadership skills, diplomatic; an intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level.
- Ability to learn specialized software as necessary
- Proficiency in the Internet and e-mail
For more information and to apply go to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=applecoat&jobId=124047&lang=en_US&source=CC9613.
Scope of Job: The Environmental Compliance Specialist will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local environmental legal and other requirements. This associate will be responsible for maintenance and further development and implementation of our environmental management system. This associate will serve as a resource to all BMC Associates and liaison between BMC and all regulatory agencies, customers and the public.
Desired Knowledge & Training:
- B.S. in Environmental Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of environmental compliance experience in industrial, manufacturing and/or consulting.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in environmental federal, state and local regulatory compliance and permitting regarding siting, mining, reclamation, air emissions, water supply, storm water, process water, waterways and wetlands, wetland mitigation and banking, erosion and sediment control, waste, etc.
- Experience with ISO 14001 environmental management system.
- Experience with collecting soil, drinking water, groundwater and surface water samples and evaluating sample results to determine compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Must have experience in all aspects of project management from the planning phase throught the implementation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and ArcGIS.
Environmental Engineer: GROWMARK, Inc. currently has an exciting opportunity in our Engineering Department for an Environmental Engineer that will oversee, control, and perform engineering activities. This position assists customers in obtaining operational, environmental, and construction permits; provides regulatory input through industry association involvement and code writing participation, and provides PE certifications for environmental permits, SPCC plans, etc. as required by State or Federal law. The position is also responsible for investigating facility operations, establishing project specifications, providing cost estimates and construction management including: vendor and contractor selection and oversight, contract administration, site inspections, payment processing, job costing, and proactive customer communications. The position typically requires at least 2 years of environmental engineering or compliance related experience. To apply to this position, please visit Growmark.com/careers.
If you’d like to place your ad here, contact FET at 262-437-1700, or firstname.lastname@example.org