Senior Industrial Waste Engineer-LTE: The Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) is seeking qualified candidates for a current opening as a Senior Industrial Waste Engineer. This position provides oversight of Industrial and Commercial Users within the District’s Service Area to ensure protection of the conveyance system, treatment facilities, discharges to Lake Michigan and biosolids products by regulating, and therefore reducing, the amount of pollutants discharged to the sewerage system from permitted and non-permitted commercial and industrial point sources.
This position is technically classified as a Limited Term Employment (LTE) position. However, the successful candidate will work alongside the current Sr. Industrial Waste Engineer and is fully expected to transition into the regular position upon the current employee’s retirement, which is to occur in late December, 2014. Limited Term Employment positions offer the same benefits as regular employees throughout the duration of the assignment.
- Develop, implement and enforce pretreatment regulations (including annual industrial facility inspections and notice of intent (NOI) to discharge requests).
- Apply the District’s Enforcement Response Plan when Industrial or Commercial users violate discharge limits set by their Permits or by the Local Limits set by the District.
- Administration of the database for current User Charge and Industrial Waste (IW). Assist in the administration of a billing system for user charge and IW (including performance of database troubleshooting and error correcting).
- Implement the District’s cost recovery program for the collection of sampling, analysis and user charge Programs (including annual and tri-annual waste strength determinations for users).
- Maintain knowledge and skills regarding: pretreatment regulations; manufacturing technology, treatment technology; pollution prevention, waste minimization and water conservation and relevant computer software and hardware.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental or chemical engineering or Master’s Degree in related field. Four to five years of job related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Federal and State discharge regulations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ability to apply Categorical Standards for different types of facilities
- Ability to facilitate enforcement hearings when violations of discharge standards occur
- Working knowledge of chemistry and how various treatment technologies operate
- Conflict resolution experience
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Database administration experience
- Basic knowledge of public administration principles
- Computer software proficiency
- Physical abilities to perform duties of job
- Valid Driver’s License
Residency within the MMSD boundaries; Milwaukee County (excluding South Milwaukee) required within one year.
SALARY: $69,005-$97,931 DOQ; competitive benefits package Applications will be accepted through October 3, 2014.
Visit the MMSD website at www.mmsd.com for application materials. Along with the MMSD application, interested candidates should include a cover letter and resume detailing relevant coursework. HUMAN RESOURCES, Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, 260 West Seeboth Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Environmental Compliance Manager: Milk Specialties Global, a leading manufacturer of nutrition and health products for over 60 years, has an excellent opportunity at its Fond du Lac, WI manufacturing facility.
The Environmental Compliance Manager is responsible for assuring ongoing plant compliance with all State and Federal environmental regulations, permits and corporate policies. This includes items such as: air permits, wastewater permits, WPDES, storm water, air emission reports, tier II reports, Form R, SPCC plans, SWPPP plans, hazardous waste management, CAA, and RMP.
- Build, maintain and enhance a comprehensive Environmental Management System for all the MSG sites.
- Ensure all required environmental reporting and renewals are completed in a timely manner, including developing a network of consultants
- Manage the environmental-related audit processes
- Manage chemical handling and associated state and federal reporting requirements for sites
- Coordinate required annual environmental training and incident response preparedness with site EHS Managers.
- Assist project engineers with the planning, installation, and operation of environmental capital projects
- Work closely with Plant Managers and Operations Directors to obtain buy-in and agreement for environmental compliance assistance plans for MSG sites.
- Routinely visit manufacturing sites to monitor compliance initiatives and work directly with the operations teams to develop environmental control procedures for specific operations.
- Actively participate with the plant management teams to develop corrective actions for identified risks and regulatory findings.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting managing environmental, health and safety programs.
- Working knowledge of WI, IL, MN, UT, NE, CA state and federal environmental regulations.
- Strong Knowledge of computer software applications
- Strong Verbal communication skills when speaking with Vendors, Insurance Carriers, Auditors and Government agencies.
- Experience in delivering training to salaried and hourly employees
Desired Education and Skills:
- Juris Doctorate Law Degree
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- Professional Engineer
- RCI System Experience
- Exposure to laboratory and food manufacturing environments.
- Subject to noise, odor, dust and discharge from production process
- Must be able to climb stairs and fixed ladders up to 20 feet
- Requires the ability to wear PPE including hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection and safety shoes
- Ability to travel by plane and/or car 90% of the time.
For over five decades, Milk Specialties Global (MSG) has been a pioneer in the development of high-quality science-based nutritional ingredients.MSG is committed to identifying and recruiting only the highest caliber of talented individuals to join its team of passionate and dedicated employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a healthy 401(k) company match program. Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=13036432
If you’d like to place your ad here, contact FET at 262-437-1700, or email@example.com