- Environmental Compliance Specialist
- Environmental Compliance Scientist or Engineer
- Environmental Compliance Manager
Environmental Compliance Specialist: Gannett Fleming is seeking an experienced professional for our Madison, Wisconsin office to manage environmental compliance for a variety of facilities located nationwide. Assignments will be performed through an understanding of applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA), and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). The candidate will be expected to manage multiple concurrent assignments; develop/maintain schedules; analyze and document critical project elements; coordinate with others to determine requirements and incorporate feedback. Coordination with clients, contractors, outside consultants, government agencies, project stakeholders and Gannett Fleming staff from multiple locations and technical disciplines is expected.Responsibilities:
- Prepare environmental compliance plans, reports, and regulatory submissions
- Review environmental regulations and determine applicability
- Analyze data and prepare air emissions inventories and other technical calculations.
- Prepare permit applications and supporting documentation.
- Negotiate permit terms to fit the client’s needs while maintaining compliance within regulatory framework.
- Advise clients regarding regulatory compliance options.
- Track compliance deadlines and be responsible for transmittal of numerous reports.
- Assist with proposal preparation, cost estimates, and contribute to client relationship efforts.
- Assist senior level management on larger and more complex projects.
- Conduct inspections and audits.
- Some travel and overnight stays will be required.
Skills & Experience:
- 6 to 12 years of experience in environmental compliance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering preferred
- Engineer in Training certification or Registered Professional Engineer preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills needed.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to collaborate with a team.
- Ability to review and understand complex local, state and federal regulations.
- Project experience in multiple environmental compliance areas such as:Air Quality Permitting & Reporting; Air Dispersion Modeling; National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits; Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures plans; Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans & Inspections; Tier 2 Hazardous Chemical Inventory reporting; Toxic Release Inventory reporting; RCRA Hazardous Waste Compliance, Environmental Site Assessments; Environmental Compliance Auditing
PLEASE FORWARD RESUME TO MASAI LAWSON@ firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at https://careers-gannettfleming.icims.com/jobs/2786/environmental-compliance-specialist/job
Environmental Compliance Scientist or Engineer – (PS11183): As one of the top 100 engineering firms in the U.S. and the largest headquartered in Wisconsin, Foth is a tightly-knit and diversified team of over 600 members strong. Our engineers, scientists, consultants, construction managers, and affiliated professionals work together to deliver smart solutions to our public and private clients. We’re currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Environmental Compliance Scientist or Engineer for our Peoria, IL or Milwaukee, WI location.
This individual will work with our energetic and experienced compliance group to serve our large and growing client base.
- Provide consulting services to Foth’s clients related to environmental compliance services as follows:
- Evaluate industrial environmental regulatory compliance and recommend strategies/practices for ensuring/managing compliance
- Interpret/apply regulations and programs including: Clean Air Act (CAA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Emergency Planning and Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Spill Prevention Control and Counter Measure plans (SPCC), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Apply working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), Process Safety Management & Risk Management Planning (PSM & RMP)
- Prepare applicable permit applications (CAA, WPDES, etc.), and technical documents, including written reports, letters, and regulatory agency correspondence
- Complete annual regulatory reports
- Conduct environmental compliance audits and recommend corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Prepare Phase I Environmental Assessments and complete other environmental related due diligence activities
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and regulatory changes and assess/inform clients of impacts
- Assist the client team leader in the preparation of proposals, cost estimates, identification of client needs, and growth of client relationships
- Lead/manage multiple projects within scope, budget and schedule
- Communicate with project teams and Foth clients to ensure client satisfaction
- Travel as required for field work and/or other client/business objectives
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
- Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
- Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Interact with clients as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Geology, Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in environmental consulting for industrial clients, including:
- Managing projects for multi-site or very large single-site compliance projects
- Maintaining a broad base of industrial compliance knowledge
- Conducting comprehensive environmental compliance audits for industrial clients
- Preparing permits and managing compliance reporting
- Working with regulatory agencies
- Preparing technical environmental compliance documents
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Geology, Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering or relevant field
- Knowledge of industry including food & beverage and light/heavy manufacturing
- Qualification-based environmental system auditor certification
- 7+ years of experience in environmental consulting
- Other relevant certifications
Foth offers a Professional Career Development Program, an attractive compensation/benefits package, and an employment experience shaped by the preferences of our members. If you are committed to making the most of your career with a progressive, values-based firm, apply today! HR Contact: Pam Seidl, email@example.com, 920-496-6679
The Employment Experience at Foth as described by our current members:
- Balance – Foth is organized and operates in a manner that balances the needs of four important contributors to its success: clients, members, suppliers, and the organization itself. The basic needs of these four entities are fulfilled in a manner that represents a benefit to all parties.
- Sense of Belonging – Our members have a sense of belonging to a valued enterprise and contributing to the greater good of our communities and society in general. We care for each other’s well-being, and celebrate the technical challenges we overcome together on behalf of our clients.
- Part of a Successful Team – Through effective collaboration, our clients, suppliers, individual members, and our organization are all successful. We are proud of the great reputation Foth has in its markets and its communities.
- Professional & Personal Growth Opportunities – The organization invests a percentage of its profits in providing members with multiple career advancement and professional development opportunities. Our career development program provides members a clear line of sight towards future opportunities, effective on-the-job coaching and mentoring relationships, and the member’s full partnership in their own development.
- Performance-Based Culture – Individual and team contributions are meaningfully recognized. Compensation is competitive within the market and extraordinary performance is rewarded with career and growth opportunities as well as greater levels of compensation and ownership in the firm.
- Dynamic Learning Environment – The work environment and work schedule support member development and continuous learning. We value sharing of knowledge, independent thinking in the performance of our client work, and continual improvement in the intellectual capital of all of our members and our organization.
- Personal Responsibility – Our members are proud of the quality work produced and take personal responsibility to deliver high-quality work according to the commitments we make and actively sustain our values and our culture.
- Individual Influence – Our members know how they contribute to the big picture – the flat, client-centered structure of the organization allows individuals to be actively involved in setting the direction of their work teams.
- All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Environmental Compliance Manager: Milk Specialties Global, a leading manufacturer of nutrition and health products for over 60 years, has an excellent opportunity at its Fond du Lac, WI manufacturing facility.
The Environmental Compliance Manager is responsible for assuring ongoing plant compliance with all State and Federal environmental regulations, permits and corporate policies. This includes items such as: air permits, wastewater permits, WPDES, storm water, air emission reports, tier II reports, Form R, SPCC plans, SWPPP plans, hazardous waste management, CAA, and RMP.
- Build, maintain and enhance a comprehensive Environmental Management System for all the MSG sites.
- Ensure all required environmental reporting and renewals are completed in a timely manner, including developing a network of consultants
- Manage the environmental-related audit processes
- Manage chemical handling and associated state and federal reporting requirements for sites
- Coordinate required annual environmental training and incident response preparedness with site EHS Managers.
- Assist project engineers with the planning, installation, and operation of environmental capital projects
- Work closely with Plant Managers and Operations Directors to obtain buy-in and agreement for environmental compliance assistance plans for MSG sites.
- Routinely visit manufacturing sites to monitor compliance initiatives and work directly with the operations teams to develop environmental control procedures for specific operations.
- Actively participate with the plant management teams to develop corrective actions for identified risks and regulatory findings.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting managing environmental, health and safety programs.
- Working knowledge of WI, IL, MN, UT, NE, CA state and federal environmental regulations.
- Strong Knowledge of computer software applications
- Strong Verbal communication skills when speaking with Vendors, Insurance Carriers, Auditors and Government agencies.
- Experience in delivering training to salaried and hourly employees
Desired Education and Skills:
- Juris Doctorate Law Degree
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- Professional Engineer
- RCI System Experience
- Exposure to laboratory and food manufacturing environments.
- Subject to noise, odor, dust and discharge from production process
- Must be able to climb stairs and fixed ladders up to 20 feet
- Requires the ability to wear PPE including hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection and safety shoes
- Ability to travel by plane and/or car 90% of the time.
For over five decades, Milk Specialties Global (MSG) has been a pioneer in the development of high-quality science-based nutritional ingredients.MSG is committed to identifying and recruiting only the highest caliber of talented individuals to join its team of passionate and dedicated employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a healthy 401(k) company match program. Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=13036432
If you’d like to place your ad here, contact FET at 262-437-1700, or email@example.com