Monitoring/Sampling Technician: Monitoring/Sampling Technician: The Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) is seeking highly motivated individuals for our current opening as a Monitoring/Sampling Technician. The selected candidate will serve as a member of a three-person team that collects samples, field data, and other information to support District programs and initiatives. These include: Industrial Waste Pretreatment, Flow Monitoring, Groundwater Monitoring, Stormwater Monitoring, and Real-Time Water Quality Monitoring programs. This position requires frequent confined space entry into sanitary and storm sewer systems and exposure to potentially hazardous work environments. The selected candidate will work outdoors for the majority of their work day.
Requirements: Associate degree in a job-related major and two years of experience in environmental monitoring. The candidate must have:
- Knowledge of and the ability to use computers to gather and organize data and produce
- Ability to utilize Geographic Information System (GIS) and to read and interpret documents such as technical specifications, drawings and maps, operating and maintenance instructions and safety
- Ability to operate a variety of small hand and power tools, precision measuring instruments, small generators, sampling and flow monitoring equipment, and other field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for successful performance in this
- Physical capabilities to perform job-related tasks, including ability to wear Supplied Air Breathing Apparatus (SABA) for confined space
- Selected candidates must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Confined Space Entry/Rescue
- Valid driver’s license
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be acceptable. Residency within the MMSD boundaries; Milwaukee County (excluding South Milwaukee) required within one year.
SALARY: $26.46 per hour and competitive benefits package. Visit the MMSD website at www.mmsd.com for application materials. Please include a cover letter and resume with you application materials.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, April 29, 2016
Human Resources, Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, 260 West Seeboth Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Environmental Coordinator: Under the direction of the Environmental Manager, the Environmental Coordinator is responsible for assisting with environmental risk management and sustainability with a wide variety of duties including air and water permitting and reporting, storm water pollution prevention, spill prevention and countermeasures, hazardous and solid waste, and other regulatory programs. The position will also require assisting with environmental audits and the development and management of an environmental management system with related sustainability goals, metrics, and training at all corporate levels.
Role and Responsibilities
- Auditing manufacturing plants and facilities for compliance with environmental permits and regulations
- Preparing environmental permit applications and related compliance plans e.g. SWPPP, SPCC, FRP
- Environmental reporting for air and water permits and other regulatory programs
- Promptly addressing environmental compliance issues with assistance from the Environmental Manager and Legal Department-Time
- Interacting with regulatory agency staff and contractors
- Providing technical guidance and expertise
- Assistance in implementing environmental management system and sustainability program
- Assistance in training employees at all corporate levels
- Maintaining environmental compliance databases and files and various benchmarking
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering , environmental, or related science with 3 to 6 years experience in environmental consulting or compliance
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must
- Excellent organization with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills, detailed-orientated and self-motivated
- Knowledge and understanding of state and federal environmental regulatory programs
- Comfortable with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
CHMM certification or ISO 14001 experience a plus
Position will require flexibility to occasionally work outside normal business hours and some travel; mostly in Wisconsin and northern Michigan.
To apply for this position visit this link: https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/16899728?pc=0C49F9B906
Or go directly to the company website for CRM to apply online: http://www.jobscrm.com/careers.html
Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health Responsibilities: R & L Spring is a wire spring and wire form manufacturer celebrating its 40th year in business. Located in Lake Geneva, WI, our growing company recently added 46,000 square feet to the current 85,000 sq. ft. building. Our Medicoil division, a 53,000 sq. ft. building adjacent to R & L, was built in 2006. We manufacture precision wire components for the implantable and non-invasive medical device industry and serve Industrial, recreational vehicle, 2nd tier automotive and commercial worldwide markets with state of the art technology, advance engineering resources and are both ISO 9001:2008 – ISO 13485 certified. We have 190 full time employees between the two buildings and have a strong commitment to safety, both environmental and physical and have a very good relationship with our Insurance partners and their EHS professionals.
Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities for both divisions are listed below. Assignment of some or all will be determined by mutually agreed upon objectives with the applicant and the safety manager.
- Safety Committee
Create monthly presentations to the safety team. Follow up on prior safety notifications and violations. Coordinate with the maintenance department for equipment safety upgrades and guarding issues. Investigate and validate the R.O.I. on certain equipment guarding recommendations.
- Train Employees on different safety practices and OSHA requirements.
- Create and implement a hazard risk assessment program for machinery and equipment.
- Assist with the IQ-OQ-PQ validation program for new equipment.
- Clean Room Wash System. Will investigate solvent replacement, and perform a cost benefit analysis to aid in the decision of new wash systems capacity vs. production requirements.
- File all required EPA and RoHS reports and paperwork. Manage the MSDS program.
- Implement new or improved programs or enhancements as a continuous improvement initiative.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume to: R&L Spring Company, 1097 Geneva Parkway, Lake Geneva, WI 53147, Attn: Donna Goad, Human Resources Manager, Fax: 262-249-7866, E-mail: email@example.com
Safety & Health Specialist II: Alliance Laundry Systems, LLC headquartered in Ripon, WI is the largest manufacturer of commercial laundry equipment. Our corporate focus of putting the customer first drives our commercial quality product development strategy, marketing programs, and technical support. You’ll find the strongest representation of Alliance’s brands at work in the markets we serve including coin laundries, multi-housing laundries, on-premises and institutional laundries, and consumer residences. Alliance Laundry Systems manufactures products under the well-known brand names of Primus, Huebsch, IPSO, Speed Queen and UniMac.
Overview: Leads management & employee’s alike, on health, ergonomic, and safety related opportunities; by providing support and technical assistance in the administration of and compliance with federal, state, local, and company Health & Safety requirements. Recommends, develops, and implements programs that maintain safe and healthful working conditions. Promotes protection against accidents, illnesses, and injuries and assists in the communication and implementation of safety & health procedures.
The Safety Specialist II applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts, and contributes to all the companies’ safety programs as directed by the EHS Manager.
- Serves the primary point of contact and resource for facility health & safety issues.
- Develops and provides safety and health training programs to ensure employee knowledge and understanding of health & safety regulations and requirements.
- Develops, writes, and implements safety & health policies & procedures.
- Provides leadership, direction, and prioritization for health & safety objectives.
- Provides technical expertise to manufacturing, engineering and facilities personnel in evaluating the safety and health aspects of manufacturing processes, chemical use and building design.
- Participates in audits and inspections, assists in tracking corrective action plans and ensures completion.
- Participate in the acquisition, relocation, modification, closure and decommissioning of any affected equipment or process through the Management of Change; MOC Process.
- Mentor and develop facility Health & Safety leads and program champions.
- Provide assistance in the investigation of significant incidents and follow-up on corrective actions ensuring information is shared throughout the Company to prevent re-occurrence
- Conducts risk assessments on current practices, machinery, and tools and analyze accident data to identify potential safety concerns taking action to reduce or mitigate the risk.
- Conducts Industrial Hygiene tests; air, noise, as required by OSHA Standards specific to the work & process performed.
- Promptly addresses enforcement issues, accidents and control device malfunctions with the assistance of the EHS Manager and legal.
- Ensures monthly reporting of Safety & Health Metrics by Supervisors, Task tracker implementation, and action plans to improve facility performance.
- Assists in the progression of facilities toward various benchmarking programs such as the Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), International Standards Organization (ISO 14001, 18001).
- Minimum 5-10 years OSHA regulation experience in a manufacturing setting
- CSP certification (CHMP, ARM and other related certifications preferred)
Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills including ability to maintain confidentiality
- Decision making and prioritization skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Safety, Health or Environmental sciences is strongly preferred
Physical Requirements: Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting.
Please apply online at www.alliancelaundry.com/careers
Alliance Laundry Systems is an Equal Opportunity of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and persons of all Sexual Orientations and Gender Identities.
If you’d like to place your ad here, contact FET at 262-437-1700, or firstname.lastname@example.org