Nemak, a global manufacturer of aluminum die casted parts and engineered assemblies for the automotive industry, is looking for an Environmental Engineer at its Sheboygan, WI location. Sheboygan, located 45 minutes north of Milwaukee on the scenic shores of Lake Michigan, sustains a quality of lifestyle that is hard to beat.
- Responsible for and authorized to plan, organize, coordinate, control, and measure environmental compliance requirements to assure compliance with the environmental policy, legal and other requirements, in conformance to the ISO 14001 Standard. Additional responsibilities may be included in other EMS documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Related area in the field of Safety and Environment)
- 5-7 years of experience working in a medium to heavy manufacturing industry
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (EMS, ISO 14001, Title 40, etc.)
- Knowledge of solid/hazardous waste, air permit requirements, and storm water regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Current credentials as a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) preferred.
- Conduct periodic process and facility EMS audits and record observations
- Report procedural non-conformance(s) to process owner(s)
- Maintain EMS record keeping systems
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of regulatory changes on existing and proposed processes as well as equipment and propose compliant solutions
- Maintain EMS documentation, annually review, update and revise EMS documentation
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in environmentally sound business practices
- Perform environmental audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment
- Lead discussions on audit findings, compliance calendar updates and other meetings as required
- Provide technical assistance, advice, coaching, guidance and mentoring to employees on environmental initiatives and necessary changes.
- Identifies legal and other environmental requirements applicable to the environmental aspects associated with existing, modified and new WI facilities activities, products and services.
- Serves as either Project Lead, or works with Project Engineers and Department Managers to develop and implement compliant solutions to legal and other requirements applicable to the organization’s aspects.
- Assures that the organization’s aspects associated with processes or equipment are identified, permitted, licensed and/or registered if required by law.
- Monitors federal, state and municipal regulatory changes to assure the organization’s continual compliance. Serves as primary liaison between the organization and regulatory entities.
- Serves as the Environmental Management System’s (EMS) “Management Representative” with overall responsibility for assuring the organization’s EMS meets requirements of the ISO 14001 Standard
For inquiries about the position or to apply, submit a resume to: Stacy Hansmann, Stacy.Hansmann@nemak.com , Cell: 920-254-8059, Desk: 920-453-4558, Human Resources Department, Taylor Drive Offices
Nemak offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including: medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, flexible spending plan, life insurance, long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and pension plans and generous profit sharing.
If you are interested in joining a fast paced working environment and experiencing professional career growth visit our website at www.nemak.com or submit your resume to: NEMAK, Attention: Human Resources, 3101 S. Taylor Drive, P.O. Box 1024, Sheboygan, WI 53081
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications: Our consulting firm, in Menomonie, WI, is seeking a person with 5 to 10 years of experience conducting environmental site investigation and remedial action projects for petroleum, chemicals, and other pollutants. The ideal candidate will be experienced in and/or capable of environmental permit preparation and developing and executing investigation and remediation strategies for contaminated properties; have a desire to succeed; assist in client development as well as technical project management; have experience working with regulatory agencies and possess a working knowledge of current Wisconsin environmental regulations; can travel (typically less than one week per month); will be, or have ability to become, a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager or registered professional in the State of Wisconsin; is self-motivated, a strong written and oral communicator, team oriented and knowledgeable of environmental issues and concerns; possess computer skills include MS Office and related technical computer programs as necessary; be current in Safety Training for Hazardous Materials (40 hour HazWoper) and 8 hour Annual Refreshers.
Responsibilities: This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in soil and subsurface investigations; environmental site assessments; scoping, performing, and managing environmental projects; preparing cost estimates; and presenting proposals to clients. The successful applicant will work with experienced team members to develop project assessment decisions in conjunction with the client and other professionals; will supervise and provide direction to a limited number of technicians and contractors; maintain client contact; and will be active in project and client development activities.
This full-time position provides a competitive salary and great fringe benefits. Send resume to: Scott McCurdy, Cedar Corporation, 604 Wilson Avenue, Menomonie, WI 54751 or email@example.com An equal opportunity employer.
Environmental Manager: Saputo is looking for an Environmental Manager to start immediately in their Engineering and Environmental Affairs department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support facilities in efforts to maintain environmental compliance.
- Support plant environmental permitting/regulatory activities and actively interface with local, state and federal agencies on permit issues, off-Site management plans, and other pertinent regulatory matters.
- Work with plant management and personnel on day-to-day environmental compliance issues (e.g. permit condition compliance, waste management, etc.).
- Perform routine environmental audits of facilities and work with plant management and personnel to track and resolve findings.
- Develop and implement plans, requirements and management systems as it pertains to environmental affairs, as needed (e.g. SWPPP, SPCC Plan, GHG, RMP, etc.).
- Provide support to Plant Environmental Coordinators in the area of regulatory reporting and review accuracy of such reports prior to submission (e.g. Form R Reports, Tier II Reports, Hazardous Materials Business Plan, wastewater reports, air emission reports, etc.).
- Conduct other environmental reporting and registrations as needed.
- Assist in support of facilities’ Risk Management Programs/Process Safety Management activities as directed by the Corporate Ammonia Steering Committee and Director of Environmental Affairs.
- Assist plant personnel in maintaining and updating the Saputo Environmental Handbook.
- Develop training material and conduct environmental training for plant personnel, as required.
- Provide plant-level support during agency inspections.
- Provide support to and/or participate in plants’ Wastewater Teams, PSM Teams, etc., as applicable and needed.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes at the local, state and federal level and their potential impact the company operations.
- Perform additional duties as required (e.g. project management, etc.)
Values that align with the Saputo culture: Respect, Teamwork, Openness, Ownership, Commitment, Integrity, Passion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Engineering or in a related field, or the equivalent experience. Knowledge of/experience in dairy industry desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of regulatory experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental standards and regulations.
- Ability to develop relationships and influence through strong customer orientation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to travel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Applicants must meet the position requirements outlined above. If interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to Molly Evgenides, firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
If you’d like to place your ad here, contact FET at 262-437-1700, or email@example.com