Environmental Engineer: Manitowoc Public Utilities (MPU) is seeking applications for the position of Environmental Engineer. This full-time position provides professional engineering services to ensure regulatory compliant electric and water utility operations and maintenance. This position interprets regulations and permits, with an emphasis on Air Permitting for Large Power Generation Facilities, organizes and executes action plans, creates budgets and schedules, and employs contractors, consultants, utility employees, and equipment to ensure environmental and other regulatory compliance programs for MPU. Minimum requirements to apply include Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university; a minimum of five years’ experience in a power generating facility or related field; possession of a Wisconsin Professional Engineer License, or ability to acquire upon request; experience with environmental compliance testing, permitting, CEMS and reporting, knowledge of application and enforcement of state and federal regulations.
Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required. Competitive wages and excellent benefits program. MPU does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. Send applications or resumes to MPU, Attn: Carissa Mrotek. Applications available at MPU or online at www.mpu.org.
Air Quality Specialist: SCS Engineers (SCS) is an employee-owned consulting firm, recognized as a leader in environmental services and solid waste engineering. The firm was founded in 1970, and employs over 800 professional and support staff located in over 60 offices nationwide.
SCS is looking for a full- or part-time Air Quality Engineer/Scientist with a minimum of five years of experience to join our environmental management team in Madison, Wisconsin. The team focuses on identifying and implementing cost-effective regulatory compliance and air quality solutions for industrial, commercial, and government clients, primarily in the Upper Midwest. The candidate must have experience working at or with manufacturing facilities, and must possess technical capabilities in the following areas:
- Knowledge of environmental laws and regulations, especially the Clean Air Act and Wisconsin’s NR 400 series.
- Experience with minor and major source air permitting and emissions estimation methods.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications, competencies, and experience:
- Five or more years of relevant air quality experience, which may include corporate or facility EHS management, regulatory applicability analysis, emissions inventories, preparation of (or compliance with) Wisconsin construction and operating air permits, regulatory agency negotiations, RICE compliance, stationary source air modeling, RMP preparation, etc.
- Ability to manage and complete air quality tasks and projects individually, with some peer review and quality control input.
- Willingness to conduct business development activities, with guidance from others.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in engineering or science, with relevant experience being an equal or higher priority.
- Excellent oral and written (technical) communication skills, including cost estimating, proposal preparation, and presentations to prospects/clients.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following is helpful, but not required: regulations for other media (e.g., waste, water), compliance plans and programs, multi-media compliance audits, OSHA/safety regulations and PSM, EMS, hazardous materials transportation, ISO/ASTM guidance, and employee training.
To apply, please send a single PDF with cover letter and resume by July 17, 2015, to firstname.lastname@example.org (principals only, no phone calls or recruiters). Please reference “Madison – Air Quality Specialist Applicant” in the email subject line.
SCS Engineers offers excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, paid holidays, and paid vacations. This position is subject to a pre-employment background check, driving record check, and drug test, based on SCS Engineers’ workplace policy. SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V.
If you’d like to place your ad here, contact FET at 262-437-1700, or email@example.com