Fresh Water Resources Monitoring Supervisor: The Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) seeks a qualified candidate to design water quality surveys and oversee the daily activities of field monitoring/sampling, data review and report generation activities related to the District’s surface water quality monitoring program. The successful candidate must satisfy WPDES permit requirements and support operational evaluations, facilities planning initiatives and the analysis of regional water quality trends.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Water Resources, Limnology, Fresh Water Chemistry or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Four to five years of job related experience: or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous supervisory experience in a closely related field
- Project/program management experience in the field of limnology, water resources, fresh water chemistry and the collection of surface water samples
- Working knowledge and ability to perform data validation, verification and interpretation of raw data (both lab and field) including the use of statistical software packages
- Ability to produce detailed reports, perform trend analysis, and provide technical interpretation of water quality data for internal and external customers
- High degree of interpersonal and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to resolve conflict
- Working knowledge of bio-monitoring methods and practices
- Familiarity with LIMS and OPSSQL databases and basic principles of database management
- Boating/Safety training (e.g. US Coast Guard Auxiliary (USCGA))
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to provide presentations and communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences with various levels of water quality experience
- Computer software proficiency
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and physical capabilities to perform appropriate job-related tasks required.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be acceptable. Residency within the MMSD boundaries; Milwaukee County (excluding South Milwaukee) required within one year. Salary: $67,652-$81,831-$96,011 DOQ; competitive benefits package. Visit the MMSD website at www.mmsd.com for application materials. Along with the MMSD application, interested candidates should include a cover letter and resume.
Applications will be accepted until December 6, 2013.
MMSD IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND TO NONDISCRIMINATION IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP
Human Resources, Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, 260 West Seeboth Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Executive Account: Pace Analytical Services, Inc., a leading national environmental laboratory network, has an opportunity within its Wisconsin territory for an environmental sales professional. The account executive position is responsible for achieving regional revenue objectives via targeted sales activities by determining and executing a focused market growth plan. The ideal candidate will have a BS degree, with 6 to 10-years’ experience in environmental consulting, an environmental regulatory agency, or laboratory with a solid knowledge of the environmental testing industry. Experienced environmental professionals who are looking for a career in sales and marketing are strongly encouraged to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop client relationships with new, potential clients
- Maintain and grow existing client base
- Travel throughout WI territory (about 40% of the time with some overnight required)
- Determine weekly schedule by developing and executing a travel plan
- Give client presentations and brown bag demonstrations
- Respond to proposals and quoting opportunities by utilizing Salesforce.com CRM
- Participate in trade shows, promotions and other business development activities
- Provide customer service feedback to the laboratory for process improvement purposes
- Work closely with project management to scope new projects
- Generate and follow up on sales leads
- Promptly respond to client and market demands
- Understand client’s project needs and develop a solution that works for both the lab and client
The ideal candidate:
- Is a highly motivated, self-starter
- Is a sales-minded, team player who can manage expectations of both clients and the lab
- Will have an understanding of our client’s need for analytical data on their projects
- Will have experience in the environmental testing or environmental consulting industry
- Will be able to meet multiple client demands simultaneously
- Has a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Will be able to learn quickly and apply newly acquired knowledge to daily sales activities
- Will live in the Milwaukee or SE WI area
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-442-1776 with questions.
Pace is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you’d like to place your ad here, contact FET at 262-437-1700, or email@example.com