The HazWoper Refresher, hosted by WI CHMM Chapter, will be held on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at The Sheraton Hotel on Moorland Road next to Brookfield Square. The seminar is designed to meet the annual refresher training requirements under OSHA’s standards for general industry and the construction industry on hazardous waste operations and emergency response (29 CFR 1910.120 or 29 CFR 1926.65). OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) was promulgated in 1990 to protect workers working at hazardous waste sites, treatment, storage and disposal facilities or responding to an emergency involving the release of a hazardous substance.
The HAZWOPER standard applies to five groups of employers and their employees who may be exposed to hazardous substances, including hazardous waste, and are engaged in:
- Mandatory clean-up operations required by the government involving hazardous substances at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at RCRA sites
- Voluntary clean-up operations at sites recognized by the government as uncontrolled hazardous waste sites
- Operations involving hazardous wastes that are conducted at treatment, storage, and disposal (TSDF) facilities
- Emergency response operations for releases of, or substantial threats of releases of, hazardous substances
If you or your employer are or have the potential to be covered by these groups, you should attend this annual refresher training. Registration information by clicking here.