Environmental Consultant – Air Quality
Environmental Compliance Specialist
Environmental Specialist: U.S. Venture is seeking an Environmental Specialist that can be based out of the Appleton or Madison area. Please reach out to Nicole Carter with any questions at email@example.com or (920) 840-8305. Applications may be submitted to https://careers.usventure.com/us/en/job/REQ-009752/Environmental-Specialist
- Develop, measure and evaluate environmental compliance programs, especially an Environmental Management System or Environmental Information Management System
- Conduct training of company associates to ensure they understand their role and duties in environmental programs
- Conduct or arrange environmental audits of corporate assets and contracted waste handlers. Communicate deficiencies and develop recommendations for deficiencies
- File all environmental reports such as SARA 311, 312 and 313, Hazardous Waste Activity and NPDES Reports accurately and by established deadlines
- Coordinate remediation of company owned properties
- Conduct or arrange property acquisition audits and develop recommendations based on findings
- Act as corporate contact in response to inquiries from regulatory agencies, lawmakers, professional groups, news agencies, planning committees and the general public in a fashion consistent with company policies and philosophies
- Obtain permits, licenses, appraisals and exemptions as required to comply with regulations
- Monitor environmental laws, regulations and technologies and keep the Company abreast of changes
- Assist with developing and maintaining emergency response plans such as SPCC, Facility Response under OPA-90, and Hazardous Waste Contingency Plans
- Arrange for contract services such as hazardous waste disposal, emissions monitoring and testing, system design and engineering
- Create and maintain environmental records according to retention policies
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Civil Engineering, Chemistry, Life Sciences or related field
- 1-5 years experience in an environmental field, regulatory agency or combination
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Knowledgeable about the creation and maintenance of environmental management systems preferred
- Knowledge of petroleum marketing operations a plus
- Knowledgeable in environmental regulations (air, water, waste, EPCRA), pollution control and remediation technology, environmental auditing
- Good functionality with PC programs including spreadsheets and database management
- Good communication and public relations skills are required
The link to apply is https://careers.usventure.com/us/en/job/REQ-009752/Environmental-Specialist
U.S. Venture, Inc. maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristic. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call Human Resources at (920) 739-6101.
Environmental Engineer: As an Environmental Engineer for John Deere located in Horicon, WI, you will work on a team to manage environmental programs and the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) to assure compliance with environmental laws and regulations. In addition, you will:
- Compile necessary data, documentation, and correspondence to comply with environmental regulations and EMS requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct environmental audits to verify conformance with the EMS standards, applicable environmental laws, and regulations.
- Oversees implementation of assigned programs by factory personnel. Provide work direction to specific factory employees concerning environmental requirements.
- Develop recommendations for environmental processes/programs to meet and improve upon the environmental program and EMS requirements.
- Respond to questions or requests for information relevant to environmental issues from workgroups inside and/or outside the company.
- Develop and deliver relevant and effective training to employees.
- Respond to emergency situations that could occur inside or outside of standard working hours.
- 2 or more years of work experience as an environmental professional
- Knowledge of environmental regulations at the state and federal level
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiations, and conflict resolution to allow successful implementation of environmental programs and ISO 14001 EMS requirements
- Experience in developing and/or updating environmental plans, permits, and standard operating procedures
- Experience working in the environmental compliance field at a manufacturing facility
- Experience with environmental management systems
- Experience with SPCC regulation including compliance activities
- Experience with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Experience with wastewater sampling and operation
- Experience with Stormwater and NPDES Regulation
- Experience with Office 365 tools
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Environmental Consultant – Air Quality: WEC Business Services, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking an Environment Consultant – Air Quality at our Milwaukee, WI location. A remote/hybrid work option is available with this position. This position is part of the Environmental Consultant job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
Job Summary: The Environment Consultant is the Subject Matter Expert for all compliance activities related to generating facilities and other combined reporting for the generating fleet. Tracks Federal and State air quality regulations. The Environment Consultant must be able to interface with all levels of management and represented personnel and be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, consultants and regulators. This position requires a sound overall knowledge of local, state and federal environmental regulations, and the utility industry.
- Manage activities and company’s position to support local, state and federal legislative and regulatory initiatives
- Provide environmental support on medium to large projects. Develop scope, overall technical design and project estimates, issue resolution and resource management
- Identify, implement, and maintain key performance and process metrics to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the environmental processes, procedures, and contractors
- Lead the design, decision making and recommendation in environmental program design discussions Semiannual and annual compliance reporting
- Annual compliance certification
- Annual emission inventory reporting
- Quarterly excess emission reporting
- Compliance testing
- Operating permit and revisions
- Construction permits
- DNR audits
- Annual NSR reporting for major projects
- Monthly records verification for all permit related records
- Maintain and update the various compliance plans, including the Malfunction Prevention and Abatement Plan, Fugitive Dust Control Plan, Compliance Assurance Monitoring Plan
- Analyze and, if required, permit new projects as needed
- Support to facility day-to-day compliance and guidance
- SME for the new Weston RICE units
- Member of Emergency Incident Response Team
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or related field is required.
- 2-4 years experience as an Associate Environmental Consultant or equivalent with demonstrated ability to perform the requirements of that position or some combination of an advanced degree in physical sciences, environmental sciences, engineering or related field and years of experience.
- A strong technical understanding of government regulations, environmental science, or related field is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, are essential.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements
Environmental Compliance Specialist: Hydrite is looking for an Environmental Compliance Specialist based at our Cottage Grove, WI plant. Please reach out to Amanda Idzikowski with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-879-6257.
Applications can be submitted through our website, www.hydrite.com/careers
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
OPPORTUNITY: The primary purpose of a Environmental Compliance Specialist is to manage the facility’s day-to-day waste program to minimize safety and compliance risks. This position will perform and coordinate all necessary functions associated with waste management including transportation, treatment, storage, and disposal, training, recordkeeping and reporting. This individual will have a general understanding of solid and hazardous waste regulations and will provide technical and regulatory guidance regarding waste management activities.
As Environmental Compliance Specialist, primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal environmental permits, including but not limited to, RCRA Part B, stormwater, and air.
- Prepare and submit modification and renewal applications for permits and licenses including the RCRA Part B permit.
- Monitor and track all incoming and outgoing waste shipments, including the 10-day transfer facility.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies and outside vendors.
- Provide technical and regulatory guidance to sales, operations, laboratory, maintenance, and other key stakeholders to ensure clear and consistent awareness and understanding of applicable compliance requirements.
- Develop waste profiles, land ban notifications, and waste manifests.
- Manage EPA’s e-Manifest system and ensure discrepancies are addressed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and conduct routine inspections to ensure compliance with hazardous waste and Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) requirements and internal policies.
- Prepare and submit hazardous waste, solid waste, and other applicable environmental reports to local, state, and federal agencies in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and track routine compliance monitoring activities to ensure the proper data and information is being collected and documented.
- Investigate alternative waste management solutions to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Develop and maintain internal standard operating procedures.
- Lead customer and regulatory agency site visits / inspections.
- Conduct audits of third-party waste vendors.
- Participate in the investigation of environmental incidents and spills.
- Maintain awareness of changing regulations ensuring the facility’s policies and training align with current laws and industry standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- This position reports to the Director of Engineering and Compliance
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, environmental science, engineering, or other technical field is required.
- 2-3 years of RCRA part B permitting/compliance experience.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) certification preferred.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Possess adequate skills to communicate with customers and plant personnel, and to prepare written reports and procedures.
- Must be detail-oriented, focused, and able to prioritize.
BENEFITS: Benefits and perks include 401k and profit sharing, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
If you’d like to place your ad here, contact FET at 262-437-1700, or email@example.com